Prof David Wyper, CEO of SINAPSE, is preparing to embark on a sponsored cycle through France to raise funds for the Neurosciences Foundation to support brain cancer research. See below for a message from Dave:

Cycle for Aled

By far the worst episode during my stint in the NHS was the moment when our colleague Aled Evans told us that he had a brain tumour. Aled was one of the kindest people you could meet and was taken from us far too soon. By cycling the 1,000km through France from the Channel to the Mediterranean I’m hoping to raise as much as possible to support research aimed at improving treatment for patients with brain tumours.

The donations don’t pay for the cycle. All money donated, plus gift aid if appropriate, goes to the charity, which supports local researchers who are well placed to contribute to worldwide research programmes.

I’m not a celebrity and you’ll be spared the agony of my daily suffering, but I will post feedback on the Neurosciences Foundation website of how much has been raised and exactly what it will be used for.

We set out on 23rd July and aim to finish on 29th July. To add your support please go to https://mydonate.bt.com/donation/start.html?charity=148827. The donation site will be kept open till the end of August.