Applications are invited from outstanding candidates for research fellowships based within the BHF Centre of Research Excellence at the University of Edinburgh (REA3).
REA3 research is driven through 3 pillars of research excellence that focus on specific research questions central to their field of study with clear interconnectivities through methodologies, technologies and approaches across these areas:
- Diabetes and the Metabolic Syndrome as Drivers of Cardiovascular Disease
- Fibrosis and Calcification in Cardiovascular Disease
- Vascular Dysfunction: Blood Vessels, Vascular Disease and Vascular Dementia
The 3 pillars are closely aligned with 2 major cross-cutting themes:
Two fellowship types are available:
Clinical Research Fellowships are open to predoctoral clinical candidates looking to obtain an externally funded clinical training PhD fellowship. Post-holders will undertake clinical research relevant to REA3 research. Funding will include the applicant’s salary for up to 15 months at AMN2.
- For further information see https://elxw.fa.em3.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/job/705/
Transitional Research Fellowships are open to non-clinical postdoctoral candidates who possess outstanding potential for external fellowships and development of research independence. Post-holders will plan and manage their own programme of research activity relevant to REA3 research.
- For further information see https://elxw.fa.em3.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/job/704/