Director, NLP – Machine/Deep Learning Focus (June 2022)
A unique Director level position available at Optum that can be based remotely in the UK, the US or hybrid/office-based in San Diego. Director level at Optum is probably equivalent to senior lecturer/reader but anyone who feels they meet the below criteria is encouraged to apply.
This is a Director level position within a team that develops and enhances production quality natural language processing applications and associated AI components in the clinical space. Primary responsibilities include project management and technical leadership for staff specializing in NLP Engineering and AI development.
Emphasis is on incorporation of machine/deep learning techniques in hybrid (symbolic/ML) NLP solutions deployed at scale in production environments. Work will involve all aspects of software design and development from system requirements definition to implementation, integration and testing. Some client/industry interaction is required. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Machine/Deep Learning with an emphasis on Natural Language Processing, demonstrated strength in personnel/project management, and proven success in taking machine/deep learning solutions to production environments. Strong technical skills are required.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Optum Clinical Language Intelligence.
- Advanced degree in a computational domain
- 6+ years of related professional work experience in natural language processing
- 4+ years personnel/project management experience
- Strength and experience with at least one of the following: Python, Java, C#
- Knowledge and experience with Machine/Deep Learning frameworks
- Strength and experience with data infrastructure, data acquisition and performance evaluation with respect to AI solutions
- Knowledge of algorithms and techniques within a computational domain with emphasis on text processing
- Experience with Hybrid NLP solutions that combine symbolic and machine learning approaches
- Experience with PyTorch
- Experience with Pandas / Jupyter Notebooks
- Azure ML and/or AWS
- Experience with XML and XSLT
- Experience with SQL
- Experience within the medical domain
To apply contact email@example.com in the first instance and further contact details will be provided