Image Processing Techniques and Applications (IPTA) is a Liverpool-based workshop for the communication of research related to image processing techniques and its applications to real life imaging problems, held every 4 years. It provides an opportunity to present and discuss research in recent advances in mathematical modelling and analysis. A special issue of the Journal of Algorithms & Computational Technology is planned after the event.
The 4th International Workshop on Image Processing Techniques and Applications is being held at the University of Liverpool on 22-23 July 2019, immediately before the 23rd Conference on Medical Image Understanding and Analysis (MIUA 2019, during 24-26 July 2019). Although the fee for this IPTA workshop is £50 only but registration is necessary; if booked with MIUA, there is an overall discount of £25.
This fourth workshop aims
– to review the state-of-the-art in image processing models, methods, techniques and commercial software packages;
– to review learning methods in Imaging,
– to highlight new techniques and applications in Biomedical Imaging,
– to tackle existing and emerging image challenges,
– to promote mutual understanding of researchers in different disciplines, and networking;
– to facilitate future research development and collaborations
Invited Speakers include
• Prof Frederic Precioso (University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis, France)
• Prof Fiorella Sgallari (University of Bologna, Italy)
• Prof Raymond Chan (Chinese University of Hong Kong, China)
• Prof Audrey Repetti (University of Edinburgh, UK)