ICL South Kensington Campus, London
This new annual conference attracts world leading researchers and engineers from academia, industry and biomedical sciences working at the intersection of medical image analysis and machine learning. The conference series includes three days of oral presentations and poster sessions, and features keynotes from high-profile invited speakers.
The conference has a broad scope including all areas of medical image analysis and computer-assisted intervention where deep learning is a key element.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Semantic segmentation of medical images
- Learning based image registration
- Computer-aided detection and diagnosis
- Image acquisition, reconstruction and synthesis
- Transfer learning and domain adaptation
- Learning with noisy labels and limited data
- Unsupervised deep learning and representation learning
- Uncertainty estimation for medical diagnosis
- Interpretability and explainable deep learning
- Integration of imaging and clinical data
- Validation studies and deep learning applications in radiology, pathology, endoscopy, dermatology, ophthalmology, and beyond
Conference submissions follow two tracks: full conference papers
and extended abstracts
. All accepted submissions will be published as a volume in the Proceedings of Machine Learning Research
. The best accepted full conference papers will be invited for submission to a special issue of Medical Image Analysis, a top journal in the field.
Full conference papers contain well-validated applications or methodological contributions of deep learning algorithms in medical imaging. Full papers will go through a single-blind peer-reviewing process via OpenReview. All accepted papers will be presented as posters with a selection of these papers will also be invited for oral presentation.
- Submission deadline: 13 December 2018
Extended abstracts are up to 3 pages (excluding references and acknowledgements) and can, for example, focus on preliminary novel methodological ideas without extensive validation. We also specifically accept extended abstracts of recently published or submitted journal contributions to give authors the opportunity to present their work and obtain feedback from the community. Selection of abstracts is performed via a lightweight single-blind review process via OpenReview. All accepted abstracts will be presented as posters at the conference.
- Submission deadline: 12 April 2019